Choosing Bidford Bright Stars
Out of School
About Bidford Bright Stars
Work With Us
Get in touch
Supporting the Community
Enrol with us
Vegetable and Coconut Curry Recipe
Good afternoon, I have been asked on many occasions for the recipe for the curry that our Cosmic Galley Creator cooks for the children.
Please find below.
Vegetable and Coconut Curry
40 ml vegetable oil
500 g red onions, chopped
25 g fresh coriander
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp mild curry powder
300 g carrots, peeled and diced
1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
600 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
300 g courgette’s, diced
1 small cauliflower, chop into small florets
45 g vegetable stock cube
25 g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
40 g mango chutney
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chick peas
150 g fresh spinach (optional)
1. Cut the stalks from the coriander and finely chop them, roughly chop the leaves and put to one side.
2. Place the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic, coriander stalks and curry powder, stir well and saute for 5-10 minutes until softened.
3. Add the carrots, potatoes, courgette’s, butternut squash and the cauliflower to the onion mix.
4. Add the vegetable stock cube, caster sugar, cinnamon and enough water to cover, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. cook for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
6. Then add the coconut milk, chick peas, coriander leaves, mango chutney and spinach if using. Stir well and add more water if needed to achieve correct consistency, bring back to the boil.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice and naan.
Cookies on Bidford Bright Stars
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
SAVE & ACCEPT